History of IPL (Indian Premier League)
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a professional Twenty 20 cricket game played in India since 2008. It is being conducted during the month of April – May of every year in India. This cricketing event was founded by BCCI (Board of Cricket Council of India) in the year 2007. Since then, it has been conducted every year.
IPL is being regarded as the child of Mr. Lalit Modi, the founder and former commissioner of the league. It has the recognition of most popular sporting event around the world.
In 2010, IPL became the first sporting event to be broadcasted live on Youtube. IPL has a massive fan base all around the world.
Teams & IPL Franchise
The teams playing in this major Cricketing event will be representing the major cities of India like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Pune, Punjab, Kolkata, Kochi, Rajasthan, Hyderabad.
Each team should have four foreign players and seven Indian players. This is the primary rule followed all through these years. Cricket players at International level of all countries will be shuffled together with the domestic as well as International Indian Players. This shuffling process is done by an auction which happens every year before the start of IPL.
The players will go into auction and get selected by a particular team. The selected player will play for that auctioned team for a particular agreement period.
Some teams will retain their best players of the team every year in the auction. The most popular teams among all are Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.
These two teams have won the title 5 times together in the past 10 editions of IPL. Legendary players like Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting, MS Dhoni had been a part of these teams.
The following are the list of teams ever played in IPL history and IPL title winners of each year.
- Chennai Super Kings (Title winner -2010, 2011)
- Mumbai Indians (Title winner -2013, 2015, 2017)
- Delhi Dare Devils
- Pune warriors – Rising Pune Super Giants
- Kochi Tuskers
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Deccan charges Hyderabad (Title winner -2009, 2016)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Kolkata Knight Riders (Title winner -2012, 2014)
- Rajasthan Royals (Title winner -2008)
- Kings XI Punjab
Format of the game
It is a very short format of the game played in 4 hours duration. A total of 8 teams will fight together in the league stages and final two successful teams would battle for the huge IPL title. The league stages have the most number of games where each team will get to play at least 8 to 16 matches.
The orange cap is a special cap which will be given to the current highest run getter of the season. This cap is a rolling cap. The current highest run getter will get the privilege to wear this cap. The one who is holding the cap at the end of the tournament will get special rewards.
The purple cap has the same privilege as the orange cap but it goes to the highest wicket taker of the tournament.
Though IPL has been a successful sport event in India, it also has seen other side of it. There was a huge scam committed by Mr. Lalit Modi, the former chairman of IPL during the first two seasons of IPL. He was then terminated.
The two major teams and title winners, Chennai super kings and Rajasthan Royals have been suspended for two years in 2015 because of their involvement in match fixing.
A Few famous players like Sreesanth had become the victim of the bookies whom involved them in match fixing. The fact that Sreesanth has got a lifetime ban to play cricket is to be noted.
This famous cricketing event has seen a lot of Ups and Downs in the past ten years. Now the 11th edition of IPL is on the cards and all the IPL fans are looking forward to it.
Let’s hope for a better IPL season this year without any match fixing.
- ICC T20 Champions Trophy Winners List
- ICC Cricket World Cup - Champions - Winner List 1975 to 2015
- ICC World Cup 2019 Schedule in England - PDF Format
- India Vs Bangladesh ScoreCard - Asia Cup 2018 (ODI)
- Upcoming Cricket Schedule - Team India
- Asia Cup Winners - 1984 To 2018
- Who Win Yesterdays IPL Finals Match? - 2018 IPL Awards Orange...
- IPL 2018 Finals - CSK Vs SRH - Analysis with Scorecards
- IPL 2018 Qualified Teams List - Playoff Match Schedule
- IPL Playoffs Teams - Qualified List - 2018 To 2008 - Predict W...
- Net Run Rate Calculator - How NRR is Calculated in IPL T20 Cri...
- Cricket Field Position Names - Field Restriction Rules
- Download IPL 2018 Calendar Schedule - For Android, iPhone, Out...
- IPL 2018 Points Table - Winners List - Team Positions in PDF ,...
- Play IPL Fantasy Cricket League - Dreams11 - Earn Money
- David Willey in IPL - Joins CSK
- IPL Points Table - 2008 To 2018 - All Season
- IPL Chennai Venue - Most Likely To be Moved
- Steve Smith, David Warner and Mitchell Starc to miss IPL 2018
- Viral - This is how M.S.Dhoni Received Padma Bhushan Award - S...
- IPL 2018 - Online Ticket Sales - Book Your Now
- DRS Review System in IPL 2018 - Newly Introduced
- Dinesh Karthik: As Captain For Kolkata Knight Riders - IPL 201...
- Ravichandran Ashwin - To Captain Kings XI Punjab - IPL 2018
- IPL 2018 - Team Captains List
ashwin asiacup chennai super kings Cricket CSK dd delhidaredevils dhoni duplesis fixtures ICC World Cup ipl ipl11 ipl 2018 ipl2018 IPL 2018 Final ipl fixture ipl history ipl points table ipl schedule ipl t20 ipl teams IPL winner KKR kohli mi msdhoni Orange Cap playoff pollard Purple Cap rajasthan royals RCB rohit sharma royal challengers bangalore schedule smith SRH Sunrisers Hyderabad T20 venue vivo ipl VIVOIPL Warner Yuvaraj
- Cricket dd mi pollard chennai super kings msdhoni duplesis delhidaredevils SRH ipl teams Sunrisers Hyderabad Warner rohit sharma rajasthan royals royal challengers bangalore smith Yuvaraj ipl history kohli ipl t20 T20 vivo ipl IPL 2018 Final ashwin VIVOIPL ipl fixture ipl points table dhoni KKR RCB ipl ipl schedule CSK ipl 2018 ipl2018 ipl11