IPL Winners List – All Season – From 2008 To 2017
IPL is one of the most entertaining sporting events in India with 8 teams fighting for that coveted winning trophy.
Each year, teams making it to the Finals have to play through 14 league matches & playoffs.
You could see that the Dhoni could bring his team to the Finals for 7 seasons is the past & he did it again this year too. Its just amazing. Isn’t it. He is a great leader indeed.
IPL Winners – 2007 to 2017 Quick Ref Table:
Year Winner Runner Final Result Player Of The Match Player Of The Series 2008 RR
RR won by 3 wickets
Yusuf Pathan Shane Watson 2009 DC
DC won by 6 runs Anil Kumble Adam Gilchrist 2010 CSK
CSK won by 22 runs Suresh Raina Sachin Tendulkar 2011 CSK
CSK won by 58 runs Murali Vijay Chris Gayle 2012 KKR
Won by 5 wickets Manvinder Bisla Sunil Narine 2013 MI
MI won by 23 runs Kieron Pollard Shane Watson 2014 KKR
KKR won by 3 wickets Manish Pandey Glenn Maxwell 2015 MI
MI won by 41 runs Rohit Sharma Andre Russell 2016 SRH
SRH won by 8 runs BCJ Cutting Virat Kohli 2017 MI
MI won by 1 run Krunal Pandya Ben Stokes 2018 SRH
CSK won by 2 wickets Shane Watson Sunil Naraine
Summary of IPL Finals:
- Mumbai Indians – 4 Times in Finals, 3 Win, 1 Runner up
- Chennai Super Kings – 7 Time in Finals, 3 Wins, 4 Runner up
- Hyderabad – 2 Times Winner (Once as Deccan Chargers & 1 time as SRH)
- Kolkata Knight Riders – 2 Times Winner
- Rajasthan Royals – 1 Time Winner
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – 3 Times Runner Up, 0 Wins
- Kings XI Punjab – 1 Time Runner Up, 0 Wins
- Delhi Daredevils – 0 in Finals
IPL Winning History Table – JPG Format
Here is a summary of the last 10 seasons (all ipl season from 2008 till 2017). How many times did your team won?
It is somehow DD’s bad luck this time also that it is going to miss the Top four in points table.
Download IPL Winning List Table in PDF format Downloaded 2,830 Times
It is the only franchise with so many young players who are shining very late. Hope DD recovers next season.
IPL Champions – Cup History – From 2008 to 2018
Before the first season started, Rajasthan Royals was shocked everyone by defeating the strongest team of IPL 2008- Chennai Super Kings in the Final. A new format that rocked the TV Sets & affected the TRP of any other TV program. There is no match for the entertainment that IPL has brought.
The match was conducted at DY Patil Stadium.
Adam Gilchrist, who was the captain of the Deccan Chargers in that season, was an anchor in bringing his team to Finals.
They beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 6 runs in the final. Anil Kumble was the best player of that match. The IPL season was played in South Africa and the final was held at Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.
After reaching Finals for the second time in 3 seasons, Chennai Super Kings finally won the IPL 2010 edition after beating Mumbai Indians by 22 runs.
Again, the Finals was held at home ground of Mumbai- DY Patil Stadium.
Chennai Super Kings was the strongest team in the IPL and it showed its class by winning the IPL 2011 season after beating Royal Challengers Bangalore by 58 runs in M.A Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
It was almost like there is no match for this Team with Dhoni & other super starts in his side.
Sunil Narine was the toughest nut to crack and he proved it in 2012 by often confusing the batsmen in the league matches. They beat the strongest team, Chennai Super Kings at their den, by 5 runs and clinched the IPL 2012 title.
Chennai Super Kings again reached the finals fighting mighty Mumbai Indians.
CSK were beaten by 23 runs after Shane Watson from Mumbai Indians showed a brilliant performance on the field. It was a neutral venue for them- Eden Gardens.
KKR, after an all-around performance in the league matches, reached the finals again in 2014 season and beat Kings XI Punjab to get the coveted IPL trophy. They played at a neutral venue in Bangalore- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Also Read: IPL Points Table - 2008 To 2018 - All Season
Mumbai Indian again tasted victory in the IPL 2015. They beat their arch-rivals Chennai Super Kings in the finals at Eden Gardens.
Full crowd in the stadium supported Dhoni’s team. But still they could not bring the cup home.
The match played at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. Sunrisers Hyderabad won the cup after they beat Royal Challengers Bangalore at their home ground.
The IPL season 10 was won by the closest victory margin- 1 run. One of the popular contenders, Mumbai Indians team was crowned the IPL Champions after they beat Rising Pune Supergiants, led by Steve Smith.
The 2018 IPL season will be going to be as exciting as the previous seasons, after some major reshuffle in all the teams. With two strongest teams- Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals back in the IPL, we will have to wait and watch for the finalists of IPL 2018.
We have added a detailed summary of the IPL 2018 finals in this page.
General Format of the Game
The playoffs consist of Qualifier 1 (played between top two teams of the double round robin league), Eliminator (played between 3rd and 4th placed team in the league) and Qualifier 2 (played between the loser of Qualifier 1 and winner of Eliminator).
The winners of qualifier 1 and qualifier 2 play the final match and the winner is declared the IPL champions of that season.
Previous Post: Vivo IPL Auction Highlights – Smash Hitters & Top Spending Teams
Next Post: VIVO IPL 2018 – Auction Top 20 Buys
- Who Win Yesterdays IPL Finals Match? - 2018 IPL Awards Orange...
- IPL 2018 Finals - CSK Vs SRH - Analysis with Scorecards
- IPL 2018 Qualified Teams List - Playoff Match Schedule
- IPL Playoffs Teams - Qualified List - 2018 To 2008 - Predict W...
- Net Run Rate Calculator - How NRR is Calculated in IPL T20 Cri...
- Cricket Field Position Names - Field Restriction Rules
- Download IPL 2018 Calendar Schedule - For Android, iPhone, Out...
- IPL 2018 Points Table - Winners List - Team Positions in PDF ,...
- Play IPL Fantasy Cricket League - Dreams11 - Earn Money
- David Willey in IPL - Joins CSK
- IPL Points Table - 2008 To 2018 - All Season
- IPL Chennai Venue - Most Likely To be Moved
- Steve Smith, David Warner and Mitchell Starc to miss IPL 2018
- Viral - This is how M.S.Dhoni Received Padma Bhushan Award - S...
- IPL 2018 - Online Ticket Sales - Book Your Now
- DRS Review System in IPL 2018 - Newly Introduced
- Dinesh Karthik: As Captain For Kolkata Knight Riders - IPL 201...
- Ravichandran Ashwin - To Captain Kings XI Punjab - IPL 2018
- IPL 2018 - Team Captains List
- 5 Amazing Encounters - In IPL History - Last one was Mind Blow...
- IPL Player List 2018 - Team Squad of 8 Franchise - in Excel
- CSK - Whistle Podu - Did you Try this?
- TOP 8 - InForm Batsmen To Look For - In IPL 11
- IPL11 - Coaches, Franchise Owners & Official Sponsors of each ...
- VIVO IPL 2018 - Auction Top 20 Buys
IPL Winners – List From 2008 To 2018 – PDF of all Season
ashwin chennai super kings CSK dd delhidaredevils dhoni duplesis fixtures ipl ipl11 ipl2018 ipl 2018 IPL 2018 Final ipl fixture IPLFixture ipl history ipl points table ipl schedule IPLSchedule ipl t20 ipl teams IPL winner ivo ipl KKR kohli mi msdhoni mumbai indians Orange Cap playoff pollard Purple Cap rajasthan royals RCB royal challengers bangalore schedule smith SRH Sunrisers Hyderabad T20 venue vivo ipl VIVOIPL Warner Yuvaraj
- Who Win Yesterdays IPL Finals Match? – 2018 IPL Awards Orange Purple Caps
- IPL 2018 Finals – CSK Vs SRH – Analysis with Scorecards
- IPL 2018 Qualified Teams List – Playoff Match Schedule
- IPL Playoffs Teams – Qualified List – 2018 To 2008 – Predict Winner
- Net Run Rate Calculator – How NRR is Calculated in IPL T20 Cricket?
- IPL winner dd mi pollard chennai super kings msdhoni duplesis delhidaredevils SRH ipl teams Sunrisers Hyderabad Warner rajasthan royals royal challengers bangalore smith playoff Yuvaraj ipl history kohli ipl t20 T20 vivo ipl IPL 2018 Final ashwin dhoni VIVOIPL ipl points table ipl fixture KKR RCB ipl ipl schedule CSK ipl 2018 ipl2018 ipl11